Welcome to the City of Rochester
The City of Rochester, settled in 1817, is a full service community offering residents, visitors and businesses the highest quality municipal services. Rochester services include a full service local Police Department; Fire and EMS service, offering both basic and advanced life support transportation services; curbside trash removal and recycling; fully developed and natural setting parks; miles of passive recreation trailways; multi-purpose ball fields; a full-service Department of Public Works, including street sweeping and curbside leaf removal; election services; pet licensing; public water and sewer services; code compliance office; and full-service building inspections.
- CNN/Money Magazine recognized Rochester's excellent quality of life in 2009 by naming it as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Live.
- Rochester was also featured by U.S. News and World Report’s “The Best Life” serious by Philip Moeller as being one of the “10 Best Places for Lifelong Learning.”
- Rochester is just minutes from Oakland University,Rochester College, and Oakland Community College. There are over 26 other major colleges and universities in southeastern Michigan.
- The City of Rochester features a historic, vibrant, and thriving downtown which has been recognized as one of the best in the State of Michigan and nationally.
- Honored by ICMA in 2010 with a “Voice of the People Award of Excellence” for have the highest service ratings for its citizens.
- Celebrated 20% population growth in the 2000 – 2010 U.S. Census.