The below information provides detailed information regarding all of the current and upcoming publicly-own infrastructure projects for roads, pathways, water & sewer, storm drains, etc.
- Sanitary Sewer Lining:
A majority of the pipes have been cleaned and lining is approximately 25% complete. The MDOT permit has been issued for the lining project on Main Street. This will involve some temporary lane closures and traffic shifts.
- Sanitary Sewer Open-Cut Replacements: Lounsbury and Fraser Street repairs have been completed and contractor will be working on restoration issues. Wilcox and Fourth Street are scheduled to be paved prior to the end of June. Additional open cut work will be schedule on the alleyway east of Main Street (north and south of Second Street), First Street (Taylor to the western City Limits), Pine Street (north of Fourth), and University east of Main Street. Dates for this work have not been set as of the date of this publication as the City is still working out the scope of services and associated costs with the contractor.
- Sanitary Sewer Manhole Repairs: The contractor has begun working on the manhole repairs that are required in pavement areas. The contractor will be working on 15-20 manholes at a time. This work will involve temporary closures around the manholes that could last up to seven (7) days to allow for cure time on the concrete collars.
- Sidewalk Repairs: The Sidewalk repair contractor is wrapping up the 2018 repair work. All restoration should be completed by the end of July.
- Ludlow: Construction on Ludlow is scheduled to begin after the July 4th holiday. Advance warning signs of the upcoming road closure will be going up at the end of June. The road will be closed to through traffic, but open to residents. Access to the Community House and the businesses on Ludlow will remain at all times during the course of construction. The anticipated completion date is mid-November 2018.
- Albertson/Romeo Realignment: An informational meeting was held with the public on Thursday June 7th, 2018. The City will begin working with MDOT on potential conceptual plans and will begin the design process over the Summer of 2018. Anticipated construction for this project is the Spring of 2020.
Updated: June 25, 2018